3 weeks from today...

on Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I am going to be a mom. Wow. Even though he has been, as Chad puts it "butting around," inside me for the past 9 months, it still doesn't seem real. I feel his little feet and knees and elbows and legs constantly pushing up and out. I feel his hiccups on what seems like a daily basis. I can feel him tensing up for a jump or roll and I still don't believe it is actually going to happen. He has a name, and clothes, and a crib, and books for me to read to him and toys to interest him. And I am soooooo impatient to meet him and yet, still not real. 


I went to the dr. today and nothing! He is still in there and no where near coming out to meet me! :) I was very disappointed. But I don't think it has sunk in that it will no longer be just Chad and me. I have had my sweet husband all to myself for the past 5 years and now we will have a little person who takes our time and attention. It is a bittersweet thought. We are soooooo excited about Baby J, but I am going to miss my Chad time whenever I want it.  Just some random thoughts. I am rambling and I am hungry so I go to find a snack. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to meet the little guy! I've also been reminded recently to cherish these times with just Zach and I. I know it won't always be just the two of us so I'm thankful for the time we have together each day!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe it is so soon! Wow! Just remember the fruit will drop when it is ripe. :) H